It’s easy to overlook plans for site prep and protection. If you plan properly it can have a big effect on your home following the renovation. If you forgot to prep your home from dust and debris here are some easy-to-follow tips to clean up after a renovation.
- Be patient. Dust WILL resettle.
- Use an All-Purpose cleaner (EZHack= 50/50 Water & Vinegar w/2 drops dish soap) to clean the difficult spots.
- Consider a steamer for all tile and wood floors. This will easily remove the dust debris left behind by the construction process.
- Replace your HVAC filter if you have not yet done so. Maybe even consider having ventilation cleaning if your contractors didn’t take care of this for you.
- Vacuum everything, then repeat.
ALTERNATIVE to having to follow steps 1-5:
Hire Cleaning Ninjas!