It’s hard to believe now, but there was a time in medical history not that long ago when doctors hadn’t the slightest idea what bacteria was, let alone its impact on the quality of health care. Of course, now that we do understand how important it is for a medical facility to be cleaned thoroughly and consistently, it is the responsibility of those running medical facilities to ensure that they are cleaned regularly and professionally.
Deciding How Often to Schedule Professional Cleanings
The question, then, turns to just how often a medical facility should be professionally cleaned, but there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Making that decision comes as a result of answering the following questions:
- What’s your industry? If the building houses a medical clinic or healthcare facility, the law requires that it be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- How often do patients visit your office? If your office employs a lot of people and brings a lot of patients through the door each day, you will need daily cleaning. An administrative medical office that doesn’t see patients may require less frequent deep cleanings.
- What season of year is it? Spring and summer are much worse for people with allergies, and as pollen accumulates, you may need more frequent cleanings.
The answers to those questions should give you some indication as to how often a medical office should be cleaned, but if you need any advisement in making that decision, don’t hesitate to call us here at the Cleaning Ninjas for a consultation.
Why You Should Hire Professionals
Once you’ve determined how often to clean an office, keep in mind that commercial healthcare cleaning is best left to the professionals. Why? Well, there are a few important reasons for this, including:
- Medical office cleaning is different from other types of cleaning. It’s not as easy as taking out the trash and sweeping the floor. There are special techniques and cleaning materials needed to do the job correctly in a medical office.
- Specialty cleaning requires certification and special training. Because a sanitized, hygienic medical environment is required by law, the best specialty cleaners are trained and certified to do the best job possible. You can’t hire just anyone to complete this type of work, so it’s best to hire someone who specializes in medical office cleaning.
- Cleanliness matters to customers. Patients can tell when a doctor’s office is not clean, and since cleanliness is something they expect from medical facilities, it is possible to lose patients because of a lack of clean environment.
- Proper cleaning can save you money. Untrained staff don’t know how to properly clean a medical office, which means doing it right can take much longer. Paying specialized staff will be faster and more affordable than a non-specialty cleaning crew taking twice as long.
If you are interested in getting an estimate for your medical office’s specialty cleaning needs, give the Cleaning Ninjas a call so we can help you get on the right track toward having a clean, sanitized building that your patients and employees can appreciate.