Moving day is an exciting but stressful time, in part because it often means having to clean the old home on the way out. However, for those renting apartments, properly cleaning the apartment after move-out is the only way to get back the full security deposit. Considering how large those deposits can be, a thorough cleaning is worth both the time and energy.
The easiest way to handle this type of cleaning is to simply hire the Cleaning Ninjas, since we can tackle the job quickly and affordably at a time when you’re busy worrying about your new home. But whether you do it yourself or hire move-out cleaning services in Lincoln and Omaha, it’s important to know exactly what you should complete to ensure a full deposit return.
While the bathroom and kitchen require some special attention, there are some things you should tackle in every room of your home or apartment.
- Dust everything that could accumulate dust, including all ledges and ceiling fans.
- Sweep and mop the hard surfaces.
- Vacuum carpeted areas.
- Remove nails and screws from the walls and spackle the holes left behind.
- Wash the windows
- Use a magic eraser to clear scuffs and fingerprints from doors, light switches, and outlets.
- Wipe down the walls and baseboards.
- If there are any stains on the carpet, consider having it professionally cleaned.
In the Bathroom
- The bathroom can require some extra attention. Make sure to tend to the following after moving out:
- Clean out the shower/bathtub.
- Clean the toilet, sink, and countertop.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Clean the mirror.
- Wipe out all the drawers, removing liners and making sure no hair is left behind.
- Vacuum the dust out of the exhaust fan.
In the Kitchen
Finally, there’s the kitchen, which can be one of the toughest rooms in the house or apartment to clean. Despite the challenge, you’ll need to clean it, too, if you want your full deposit back.
- Clean out all the cabinets, including any liners that may have been in there.
- Wipe down the fronts of the cabinets (especially if they’re white and show finger smudges more easily).
- Clean and disinfect all the countertops.
- Wash out the sink and make sure the metal is free of water stains.
- Clean out the refrigerator. This is a big job when done properly because it requires removing all the shelving and cleaning everything separately.
- Clean the oven and exhaust fan.
- Wipe out the microwave.
- Sweep and mop the floor, including behind and under appliances.
If this checklist feels overwhelming, remember you can always hire the Cleaning Ninjas to take care of your home cleaning in Omaha. Sometimes, it’s worth setting aside all the extra stress that comes with cleaning the old home so you can focus on the excitement of moving into the new one. If you would rather leave all that work up to someone else, contact us at your convenience so we can give you an estimate. Our goal is to make sure you get that full security deposit back!